Autologous Platelet – Rich Plasma is a high concentration of platelets surrounded in its own plasma. Blood drawn from a patient, has its red cells separated from the platelet rich plasma thru centrifugation. With a quick simple procedure a high concentration of biological nutrient – rich cells are created. When activated at least 8 essential growth factors and signaling proteins are derived. Using these growth factors can cause no allergic reaction or rejection, since it’s from the patient’s own blood serum.
What are the growth factors and their common effects?
- Epidermal Growth Factor (EGF) – plays a role in regulation of new cell growth.
- Transforming Growth Factor (TGF) – promotes angiogenesis which is new blood vessel growth.
- Vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) – an important signal protein involved in growth of blood vessels from pre-existing vasculature.
- Fibroblast Growth Factor (FGF) – promotes epithelialization of tissue repair.
- Platelet Derived Growth Factor (PDGF) – promotes collagen growth and repair.
- Interleukins, Macrophages, Mast Cells – Induce collagen synthesis for healthy cell production and repair of damaged tissues.
- Collagen Stimulating Growth Factor – grows healthy tissue & blood cells
- Keratinocyte Growth Factor (KGF) – optimizes healing and the generates of new skin.