Amnion Therapy in Buffalo, NY
Dr. Jack Bertolino is taking hair restoration, aesthetics and sexual rejuvenation for men and women to the next level with regenerative medicine. Discover the regenerative power of amnion-derived regenerator cell therapy. Dr. Bertolino is one of the premier doctors in all of New York State to offer amnion therapy. He is proud to offer patients in Buffalo, Williamsville, Batavia, Rochester, and the surrounding areas this groundbreaking therapy. Call 716-633-6100 today to schedule your amnion therapy consultation.
What are mesenchymal stromal cells?
Mesenchymal stromal cells are adult, fibroblast-cells that have broad use for immunotherapy and regenerative functions. At Dr. Bertolino’s practice, we use mesenchymal stromal cells harvested from amniotic fluid sources to help our patients recover from injury, combat the aging process, and improve sexual health.
These cells have potent growth factor value and healing capabilities. The growth factors present are epidermal growth factor, vascular endothelial growth factor, and transforming growth factor. These proteins are essential for growth and development of the fetus, which makes their recovery from umbilical cord fluid exciting for adult healing. These growth factors can be used for various regenerative and repair functions.
- Where do these cells originate? – Dr. Bertolino’s regenerative cells are derived from umbilical cord blood donations. These donations follow strict protocols and guidelines. All are received from reliable hospital sources long after the baby is delivered with full consent from the mother. Once collected, the cord blood is transferred to the laboratory where it is tested and the mesenchymal cells separated, leaving a serum made of growth factors, plasma, and mesenchymal cells. All of these tissues are screened under FDA protocols to assure the highest quality standards.
What is Amnion Therapy?
It is the use of human biologicals to develop biological related products that will foster regeneration and healing for many conditions. It contains natural factors, called growth factors, for site-specific use to modulate inflammation, reduce scar tissue, and enhance local healing. Growth factors are powerful agents that our bodies produce to signal cells to come to the target site, help the site to heal, and help your own cells regenerate the damaged tissue.
There have been many different growth factors, specialized cytokines and enzyme inhibitors identified in our amnion-derived therapy. All the amniotic membrane tissue is donated by healthy consenting mothers undergoing scheduled Cesarean sections during normal, healthy childbirth. All tissue donors are tested for infectious diseases, like the testing done for blood donation. The amniotic membrane then undergoes a validated proprietary process to thoroughly cleanse and preserve the tissue.
How does Amnion-derived Therapy Work?
Amnion Therapy takes advantage of the body’s ability to repair itself. Dr. Bertolino will inject amnion-derived fluid into the affected area. These growth factors stimulate the release of the body’s own natural regenerator cells and have anti-inflammatory properties, similar to corticosteroids.
While steroids provide a decrease of inflammation and pain, regenerator cells actually restore degenerated tissue while providing pain relief. The growth factors in our amnion-derived fluid injections replace damaged cells in your body. Additionally, they contain hyaluronic acid, which lubricates joints and tendons, easing pain and helping to restore mobility.
Once the serum of mesenchymal cells, blood plasma, and the various growth factors is obtained, Dr. Bertolino injects it directly around the treatment area. For more complicated treatment areas, the serum is applied both directly to the treatment area and around the supporting structures. The procedure is not difficult or time-consuming.
Is Amnion Therapy painful?
Amnion therapy involves injections of amnion-derived fluid into the affected area. Prior to your injection or injections, Dr. Bertolino injects Lidocaine to numb the area. This keeps the initial injections from being painful.
However, after the Lidocaine wears off, you may experience some moderate to significant discomfort. This can last from 24 to 72 hours. Dr. Bertolino will prescribe pain medication for these first few days to be taken as needed.
Is Amnion Therapy only done through injections?
At Smooth Solutions, we only deliver these mesenchymal cells and growth factors through injection.
What is Amnion Therapy used for?
The mesenchymal stromal cells gathered from amniotic fluid have incredible healing and growth capabilities. Here are a few areas where Dr. Bertolino is using these cells:
- Hair Restoration – The amnion-derived allograft fluid creates a rich cellular environment that can help cells regain its regenerative ability it once lost. The results can lead to increased hair count and thickness.
- Microneedling – The combination of microneedling and amnion-derived allograft fluid can help regenerate collagen, repair facial blemishes, skin tightening and provide a more youthful appearance.
- Male Sexual rejuvenation AND Enhancement – Enhance sexual performance and pleasure with a P-Shot, more commonly known as a Priapus Shot. Improve overall vascular function, nerve sensitivity in the penis and erectile function. Whether you suffer from poor vascular health, nerve degradation, anxiety or side effects of medication, you can use PRP (platelet rich plasma) from your own blood to inject into the penis for a more vigorous sex life.
- Reported benefits: A solution to erectile dysfunction Synergy with Testosterone & Viagra/Cialis Therapy Improved Sexual Stamina, Libido, and Sensitivity Improved Strength and Intensity of Orgasms Increased Penis Length & Girth 10-20% while improving appearance
- Vaginal Rejuvenation – Significantly enhance your sexual life with our V-Shot for non-surgical vaginal rejuvenation. Age, childbirth, or even menopause can decrease sensitivity and sexual confidence. The V-Shot is an all-natural, non-invasive procedure that revitalizes vaginal and clitoral function, dramatically improving sensitivity for optimal sexual response. This in office procedure uses platelet rich plasma from your own blood and is then re-injected into the areas of the clitoris and upper vagina. The V-Shot also helps decrease urinary incontinence and increases natural lubrication
- Reported benefits: Increased Sensitivity Stronger orgasm Increases sexual desire More frequent Orgasm Increased vaginal lubrication Decreased pain from intercourse Decreased urinary incontinence
**Most patients experience maximum benefits in 3-4 weeks after treatment**
Who is a candidate for mesenchymal cell therapy?
If you have joint pain, thinning hair, scars, or are wanting to better your sexual health, then you’re likely a candidate for treatment with these cells taken from amniotic fluid, mesenchymal cells. They have the ability, not unlike stem cells, to differentiate into a variety of cell types. This makes them perfect for healing and repair functions. If you’ve tried different non-invasive treatments, but it seems all that is left is surgery, you need to try this cell therapy with Dr. Bertolino first.
How many Amnion Therapy Treatments will I need?
The effectiveness varies by the patient depending upon your unique healing characteristics. Whereas one patient experiences great pain relief with a single treatment, it may take two or three treatments for the same relief in another patient. The goal is to achieve an 80-90 percent improvement in pain and function. The average patient requires from one to two treatments. Rarely will a patient require more than three.
During your consultation with Dr. Bertolino, the two of you will discuss the process and what you can expect.
What are the possible side effects of Amnion Therapy?
Amnion therapy and the mesenchymal stromal cells gathered from amniotic fluid are all naturally occurring substances. As such they have little risk of causing any adverse reactions. This fluid contains the growth factors that help to stimulate tissue growth, stem cell activity, and naturally work to reduce inflammation.
Although their efficacy varies widely between patients, amnion therapy doesn’t have the same limitations as more standard pain treatments such as corticosteroid injections, which can cause joint damage if injected too frequently.
Is there recovery after having Amnion Therapy?
Recovery will involve taking it easy for the first couple days after your session at Smooth Solutions. You’ll likely have some pain, and you’ll need to avoid strenuous exercise for about two weeks after your therapy.
How long will it be before I can resume regular activities?
This is a direct correlation to the pain you’re feeling. Most patients can typically resume their regular daily activities and return to work or school in 2-3 days. We recommend that you avoid strenuous exercise for about two weeks after treatment
What kind of results can I expect from injections of these amniotic cells?
As you would expect, your results can vary based on your own body’s healing characteristics, the degree of damage in the joint, and other variables. Still, our patients report consistent improvement in joint pain and function, sexual wellness, hair restoration, and appearance of scars in the weeks and months after these injections. The regenerative capabilities of these sorts of cells are just now being fully understood, but if you’ve been suffering from chronic joint pain, thinning hair, unflattering scars, or are looking to better your sexual wellness, injections with amniotic mesenchymal cell therapy could be the answer you’re looking for. Why wouldn’t you want to put your body to work healing itself, rather than simply masking it with medications and other treatments? Call us.