Hair Restoration in Buffalo NY
Much cheaper and less painful than a transplant!
Hair restoration (not transplant), is a technique whereby platelet rich plasma (PRP) is applied to thinning hair follicles to increase their growth and thicken the follicles. PRP is spun in a centrifuge, then applied to the scalp topically and injected into certain areas. The PRP is then microneedled, and rolled with a specifichair rolling device. The PRP is then left on the hair for 24 hours and not washed, to attain its fullest effect. Our procedure also uses Omnilux red LED light to help strengthen the follicles and promote the growth factors of the PRP.
PRP is angiogenic and grows new blood supply thereby thickening the hair. Three PRP treatments are required and eight(8) red light treatments over three (3) months. Special shampoo is also used to further the process. Omnilux LED red is a key component and is only offered here at Smooth Solutions Medical Aesthetics. The process is NOT for areas where there is no hair follicles.
Smooth Solutions now uses The New Rejuvapen for Micro-Needling
Rejuvapen micro-needling works by using 9 precisely placed micro-needles to make tiny tears in the epidermis. This allows the skins natural repairing system to start generating more collagen and elastin to repair the micro-perforations.
Frequently Asked Questions about our Hair Restoration Process
What is PRP Treatment? How does it work?
- PRP stands for Platelet Rich Plasma. Platelets are angiogenic and vasculogenic meaning they, with their growth factors, build blood supply and enrich the the tissue they are working on, in this case the scalp and thinning hair follicle.
- PRP is used to heal scars and decrease the damage of stretch marks. It is used in orthopedics to help failing joints and neuro-surgically to help brain function after stroke. The trick to PRP is getting a higher concentration of platelets, which depends on both product and the type of centrifugation. Not to get too technical but the objective is to get higher platelet concentration factor as well as platelet yield and growth factors. Dr. Bertolino is now using the new Pure Spin Centrifuge to yield a much higher concentration than the Eclipse system that many competitors are using. Pure spin has a 87.7% platelet recovery vs. 16.7% for Eclipse
How does PRP Hair Restoration work?
How do I regain hair without a transplant?
- This procedure is to increase follicular growth and thicken hair in the male and female. If a person is blade they need a transplant.
Why do I need multiple products/treatments?
- Products are for home maintenance . The protocol is 3 treatments 6 weeks apart. The PRP is micro needled and injected into the numbed scalp during treatments.
Will the hair look natural? Will it be my own hair?
- The hair is your own natural hair, only with more follicular growth and thicker follicles. It is like seeding the earth but not on barren land. The scalp like the patch of earth has to have SOME potential to begin with.
What does the Omnilux LED light do?
- Red LED light is an added service my competitors don’t use. Red LED “helps the plants grow” like the sun. It is highly anti-inflammatory, thereby helping the platelet growth factors grow. We offer 6 Red LED treatments with this package. Red led plays a BIG factor in skin and acne management for the same reason.
Why does hair loss occur?
- Hair grows in stages, and hair loss is genetic and hormonal, not to mention loss from everyday stressors.
Products to enhance Hair Restoration
Revivogen MD® For Fine and Thinning Hair
- Revivogen MD® Shampoo and Conditioner are a bio cleansing wash to help strengthen thinning hair.
- Revivogen MD® Scalp Therapy can be used to strengthen the hair follicles.
Viviscal® Professional is an oral supplement used to nourish and promote hair growth.