What Treatments Can Venus Versa™ Deliver?
Our Smooth Solutions patients love our Venus Versa™ because it can treat so many different skin problems.
- Photofacial — The Venus Versa™ uses Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) with SmartPulse™ technology for photofacial treatments. When the IPL energy is delivered onto the target area, the light penetrates the skin where in converts to heat energy. The heat is absorbed by the melanin in the targeted tissue, which starts the process of breaking it down and improving the skin. Venus Versa™ photofacials reduce visible signs of premature aging, such as sun damage, brown spots, visible veins, and areas of pigmentation. Versa Venus™ includes a real-time cooling system to keep the skin continuously protected.
- Acne — To treat acne, IPL with SmartPulse™ technology delivers a combination of blue and red light simultaneously. The blue light enters the clogged sebaceous glands at the base of the hair follicles and it destroys the p.acnes bacteria that are causing inflammation. The red light reduces existing acne-related inflammation to promote faster healing of the skin. As with photofacial, the Venus Versa™ cooling system keeps your skin comfortable and protected.
- Hair Removal — Venus Versa™ uses IPL to reduce unwanted hair on the face and body. The light wavelength is set to match the melanin in your unwanted hair. Short pulses of IPL are delivered over the target area and the melanin absorbs the light energy. This converts to heat and travels down the hair shaft into the hair follicle, damaging the follicle and precluding future hair growth.
- Skin Resurfacing — For skin resurfacing, the Venus Versa™ system uses tiny pins to safely deliver nanofractional radiofrequency energy through the epidermis directly into the dermis, the skin’s second layer. The body senses heat in the dermis and the tiny skin punctures on the surface skin and responds with wound-healing mechanisms. This involves remodeling of the existing collagen in the area, and then the initiation of new production of collagen and elastin to “heal” the perceived wounds. The tiny punctures actually are fully healed in just a couple hours, but the skin improving collagen continues to be produced for weeks following your Venus Versa™ skin resurfacing treatment. This improves the signs of skin damage, such as acne scars, deep wrinkles, enlarged pores, uneven skin texture, and areas of uneven pigmentation. Because the nanofractional RF energy doesn’t have to penetrate the epidermis, as the tiny pins deliver the energy directly into the dermis, these resurfacing treatments are much more comfortable than the traditional CO2 lasers used for resurfacing.
- Wrinkle reduction — For wrinkle treatment, the Venus Versa™ delivers a combination of multi-polar radiofrequency energy and pulsed electro magnetic field energy to produce uniform heat in the dermis layer. This heat triggers the production of new collagen and elastin fibers. This firms the skin and reduces lines and wrinkles.
What are the Benefits of the Venus Versa™ System Versus Other Devices?
That’s not the case with the Venus Versa™. Its SmartPulse™ technology ensures the short duration pulses can have high energy levels, yet be completely comfortable for the patient. That enables us to put the Venus Versa™ system to use on sensitive areas of the face and other areas that formerly would have been too sensitive for treatment. Patients stay comfortable and the treatments are completely non-invasive.
The only downtime with any of these treatments is for skin resurfacing, and this involves only about 24 hours of redness and skin sensitivity. Contrast this with laser skin resurfacing, which can dictate 7-10 days of skin healing.
Are there Risks with Venus Versa™ Treatments?
Otherwise, the only downtime with any of these procedures is for skin resurfacing, where your skin will be red and sensitive for the first 24 hours.