Wrinkles, frown lines – boo! Getting older is not much fun. But there’s an excellent way to diminish the appearance of wrinkles and fine facial lines that come with aging. It’s the most well-known, popular cosmetic injectable treatment in the world, Botox®.
What is it? Botox® is the purified form of botulinum toxin A.
How does it work? Botox® works by blocking the nerves that contract your facial muscles, softening the appearance of lines and wrinkles. Botox® works best on your dynamic wrinkles, the wrinkles that haven’t quite set. Dynamic wrinkles are caused by the movement of the muscles of your face when you smile and frown.
What will a Botox® treatment do?
- Botox® is a fast, easy, minimally invasive solution for fine facial lines and wrinkles.
- Botox® can lift yourbrow giving you a more youthful appearance.
- Additionally, Botox® can be used to decrease excessive sweating. Excess underarmsweating is an embarrassing day-to-day problem for some people. A simple Botox® treatment can lessen the amount of sweat produced.
Here are 5 things to consider if you decide to say “yes” to Botox®:
- Remember that “less is more.” You will be happier with a more natural, expressive look.
- If you’re breastfeeding, pregnant, or plan to become pregnant, the FDA recommends that you wait before starting Botox®treatments.
- If you take ibuprofenor aspirin, be sure to tell us, because these medications are blood thinners and may cause an increase in bleeding. Some natural supplements, such as fish oil, gingko, or vitamin E, may also thin the blood.
- Parties are fun, but they are not the time to try Botox®. These injections should only be done by a doctor who is board-certified in dermatology or plastic surgery.
- And, by the way, Botox®isn’t just for women. Guys, come in and let’s talk about what’s trending now – “Brotox.”
Give us a call and schedule a Botox® consultation.