Did you know that September is Healthy Aging Month? With the changing seasons comes the time to consider the changes that come with aging. You don’t have to succumb to feeling old; your chronological age is but a number, after all.
Are you interested in some tips to help you feel youthful and vibrant at any age? If so, read on:
- Smile. Strive to put your happy face forward, every day. Smiling is contagious and a definite mood lifter, not just for you, but for everyone you meet.
- Pretend. Be the age on the inside that you always loved and it will reflect in your face, body language and attitude.
- Play. Nothing makes you feel young like the endorphins brought on by exercise. Whether your choose to walk, jog, dance, take a Zumba class or play pickle ball, just do it!
- Get Outside. This goes hand-in-hand with playing. It’s not just about getting enough vitamin D, it’s about meeting your friends for coffee or tea, working in the garden, golfing or playing tennis. Time outdoors is a proven way to lighten your mood and make you feel alive.
- Think. Learn a language or refresh your Cribbage game; get your friends together for a game of Bridge or Pinochle; do crossword puzzles; take a guitar class; take an art class. Stay smart to stay young.
- Eat Well. You know exactly what that means for you and for your body. Be conscious about what you eat and drink.
- Pamper Yourself. Have you been wanting to try laser hair removal, microdermabrasion, a chemical peel, a Botox or other injectable treatment? Now is the perfect time – and remember, these treatments are not just for women!
We invite you to call to schedule a consultation appointment to learn how we can help you enhance and unveil a new, more youthful-looking you: (716) 633-6100.