As things in your world quiet down following the holiday season and you begin to think about what changes you will make in the coming year, now is the time to treat the damaging effects aging, the sun and the environment have on your skin.
One of the simplest, easiest and quickest ways to do this is with Microdermabrasion, currently the number two non-surgical cosmetic procedure in the United States. Microdermabrasion removes the dead, dry, dull, outer layer of skin, leaving you refreshed and radiant.
- By removing the top layer of skin, microdermabrasion may stimulate the body to increase cell turnover and produce collagen.
- The procedure is noninvasive, using a unique wand that is passed over your skin. Tiny crystals are blown against your skin, abrading the top layer of skin, called the stratum corneum. The used crystals and dead cells from your skin are simultaneously vacuumed away to a sealed container.
- The procedure takes about 30 to 45 minutes. There is no discomfort or downtime. You can return to normal activities immediately, looking refreshed and glowing.
- Microdermabrasion is an excellent treatment for the removal of light scars and acne symptoms.
- We completely customize your treatment based on your individual skin conditions.
- You will likely find the treatment soothing and not as painful as laser skin resurfacing.
- Since skin typically regenerates at approximately 30-day intervals, skin improvement with microdermabrasion should be repeated at intervals of four weeks for optimal improvement.
Microdermabrasion is the perfect treatment for improving the appearance of sun-damaged skin, scars, fine wrinkles, acne-prone skin, freckles and age spots. And here’s the best part: microdermabrasion is affordable and can be performed during your lunch hour.
If you are unhappy with age spots, acne scars, fine wrinkles or flaking skin, but aren’t yet ready to try a chemical peel or a laser resurfacing treatment, microdermabrasion may be just the ticket. Look younger and feel better…call to schedule an appointment and add a microdermabrasion treatment to your list of must-do resolutions: (716) 633.6100.