You don’t have to give away your age…don’t do it! Even though Father Time, genetics, the environment and the sun have left you with age-revealing spots, the perfect solution is within reach. It’s a non-invasive, breakthrough treatment called PROLITE IPL (Intense Pulsed Light) or PhotoRejuvenation therapy. At Smooth Solutions, we use it to rejuvenate your skin, treat age spots, active acne and patches of dark pigment. Additionally, an IPL treatment can be used to treat the appearance of mild acne scars, broken capillaries, dark circles under the eyes, irregular pigmentation and freckles.
- Age Spots typically appear on skin that has had the most exposure over the years to the sun’s ultraviolet (UV) light…the face, the backs of the hands, the shoulders and neck. The use of tanning beds or lamps can also contribute to their development. They are usually small and flat but they can group together making them appear even larger.
- Age spots commonly develop in people with fair complexions but they are also seen in people with darker complexions.
- Age spots are usually harmless but they can definitely give away your age.
IPL works by emitting wavelengths of light that are absorbed by brown spots, veins, and red spots. These lesions are gently heated and destroyed. The area to be treated is prepared with a cool gel. Then a hand-piece is used to gently pulse an intense light over the area, penetrating the skin and destroying the melanin-producing cells. The generated heat impairs the vessels or lesions without damaging the skin’s surface. After treatment, the skin is cleaned and a sun block applied. Healing begins immediately, but the lesions may darken before they flake off or are absorbed by the body.
- Discomfort is minimal and there is little or no downtime.
- Each treatment takes about 20 to 30 minutes.
- You can resume normal activities immediately.
- Sunblock must be worn for at least a month following the treatment.
Want to know more about Prolite IPL?
Call to request a consultation, today: (716) 633-6100.