Time does, indeed, march on. Your body and skin change and begin to show the effects of your genes, the environment and missing hormones. More and more women and men are turning to chemical peels as a popular treatment for pre-cancerous growths, age spots, blemishes, large pores, uneven pigmentation, and acne scars. A chemical peel is a great way to achieve smoother, youthful-looking skin. Peels are one of the oldest cosmetic procedures in the world, and are popular today because they are easy, offer nearly immediate results and can be performed as an outpatient procedure.
Read on to learn more:
- A chemical peel is a controlled injury to the skin. Using a hydroquinone, resorcinol or acid solution which is applied to the skin, a chemical peel removes the skin’s damaged, outer layers, smoothing and enhancing its texture.
- At Smooth Solutions, peels are usually done in a series to produce the most optimum results.
- We offer a variety of peels, from lighter peels, to skin-sensitive peels, to deeper, more potent peels.
- We will carefully evaluate your skin to determine how to provide you with the best possible results.
- Patients with light hair and fair skin are great candidates for chemical peels. Those who have darker skin may still achieve good results, depending on the problem being treated.
- Although chemical peels can improve the appearance of fine lines, they are not designed to treat deep wrinkles, which are more effectively treated with dermal fillers.
- Your new pink skin will emerge in seven to ten days following the procedure. The pink color will fade but your skin will be sensitive. Recovery times will vary with each patient.
- You must avoid the sun until the pinkness fades and use sunscreen every day.
Now is the perfect time for a chemical peel – don’t wait to get your skin summer-ready!
Call to schedule an appointment, today: (716) 633-6100.