If you have cellulite you’re not alone.
Appearing on our thighs as “orange-peel” dimples, it’s name sounds like a serious medical condition, but it is merely a cosmetic condition and is not physically harmful.
It affects approximately 85% of women at some point during their lives. And the frustrating thing is, it affects women who are otherwise slender and fit.
What is it?
- Cellulite is not caused by toxins in your body. It is nothing more than normal fat beneath your skin. The fat looks lumpy and bumpy because it pushes against connective tissue, causing the skin above it to pucker.
- Having cellulite doesn’t mean you are overweight. However, if you are overweight, losing weight may reduce cellulite.
- Cellulite gets worse with age; hormones seem to play a role in its appearance. As we age our bodies produce less estrogen which can mean poorer circulation, a decrease in new collagen production and the breakdown of older connective tissue.
- It’s true that cellulite runs in families. If your mother and grandmother had cellulite, you have a better chance of developing it.
- Regular exercise, both aerobic and strength training, cannot cure cellulite but in many cases exercise can help prevent or reduce its appearance.
- Cellulite tends to be less noticeable on darker skin.
Other factors that influence how much cellulite you have and how visible it is include:
- Poor diet
- Total body fat
- Lack of physical activity
- Hormonal changes
- Thickness and color of your skin
- Fad dieting
- Slow metabolism
- If you have tried dieting, exercise and maybe even one of those highly advertised cellulite creams but have not seen the results you desire, at Smooth Solutions we offer a revolutionary high-frequency laser cellulite treatment called VASERsmooth.
- VASERsmooth is safe, faster than other types of lasers and provides more predictable results.
- VASERsmooth reduces cellulite through tissue tightening, cuts cellulite-causing fibers and promotes new collagen production within your body.
Call us at (716) 633-6100 today and let Dr. Bertolino discuss the advantages of VASERsmooth technology with you. We look forward to meeting you!