It’s a fact: Your hands are susceptible to the first signs of aging and often age faster than your face. This is true because the skin on the back of your hands is thinner than that on your face. There is little fat on the back of your hands, so when elastin and collagen break down, it is more noticeable. The end result is thin, crepe-like, wrinkled skin with bulging veins. The effects of aging on your hands also manifest in “liver spots” or age spots.
Spending money on expensive creams for your face is a good thing, but if you are not taking care of your hands, try as you may, it’s possible your hands are betraying you.
Consider these hand-care tips:
- Don’t skimp on hand cream. Using hand cream as early as your twenties is a great anti-aging strategy. If you have sensitive skin, steer clear of harsh creams as they can dry your skin.
- Be generous with sunscreen on your hands. UV exposure is the number one cause of age spots and the premature appearance of wrinkles.
- Wear rubber gloves if your hands are exposed to chemicals or harsh cleaning products.
- Consider a hand rejuvenation procedure at Smooth Solutions.
- Medical Fillers are the #1 professional hand-care treatment. Fillers add volume to the hands and put back some of the cushion under the skin that has been lost. The treatment is performed in our office, takes about 20 minutes, and results are visible in a couple of weeks.
- Laser technology is also used to reduce the appearance of sun spots and other visible signs of aging on the hands. After treatment, the skin is smoother, firmer, and younger-looking. The laser directs hundreds of micro-beams to the dermis and epidermis. As new skin resurfaces, dead skin cells and coagulated collagen are naturally expelled. The natural healing process results in new healthy tissue.
Want to know more? Call for a consultation with Dr. Bertolino, today: (716) 633-6100.
There’s no time like the present for treating yourself to more youthful looking hands!