We offer an ever-increasing assortment of non-invasive procedures to help you achieve your goals without surgery. The most popular among them are injectables.
Botox is the world’s most popular non-invasive procedure. It works wonders on the lines and wrinkles that occur on the top third of the face. These are wrinkles caused by muscle contractions when we perform regular actions such as frowning or squinting. Botox is derived from the botulinum toxin, which, when injected into a muscle in very small amounts, is able to paralyze muscle activity for a period of time. By paralyzing the muscles, the wrinkles that form above them disappear. Botox is very effective on frown lines, crow’s feet, and the 11’s between your eyebrows.
- Botox relaxes the fine muscles of the face to sooth wrinkles
- Treatments last for up to six months before they need to be repeated
- Botox results usually fully show themselves in three to seven days
Unlike Botox, which works on wrinkles caused by muscle action, Juvederm works best on “static” wrinkles, those that are visible without muscle contraction. Juvederm is a hyaluronic acid filler. Hyaluronic acid is a naturally occurring substance whose job it is to attract water molecules to hydrate and plump the skin.
- Excellent on laugh lines and marionette lines
- Can add definition to the chin
- Can return shape to thinning lips
- Results last up to one year
In a fat transfer, fat is removed from an unwanted location on your body, filtered, and then re-injected back into your facial muscles to fill wrinkles and add volume. Since the fat cells are from your own body, there is no danger of allergic reactions.
- Fat transfer results tend to last longer than injectables
- Done under local anesthetic for both fat removal and injection sites
Surgery isn’t the only answer in the aesthetic world any longer. Schedule an appointment with Dr. Bertolino and experience the extensive knowledge of facial anatomy to work with the injectables of your choice.