Men age, too. Nobody wants to or likes it much, however. That’s one of the reasons the anti-aging industry is a multi-billion dollar business and it’s only getting bigger. The growth is due, in large part, to the population of aging baby-boomer men and women. It’s also due to an increasing interest in looking younger. Women have long been fans of cosmetic treatments, but the number of men visiting hair salons, requesting injectable treatments and opting for cosmetic surgery is skyrocketing.
Here a few simple things men can do to slow the effects of Father Time:
Begin with basic skin care.
- Clean and moisturize. A gentle cleanser and a rich moisturizer will help you look younger. Dry skin exaggerates the signs of aging – so clean and soften your skin every day.
- Hydrate. Water helps give your skin a more youthful appearance. Six to eight cups of water a day is suggested.
- Always wear sunscreen. Over-exposure to the sun is cumulative and causes wrinkles and age spots that can easily give away your age.
Make wise choices.
- Eat healthy. Eating a diet of fish, chicken, fruits, and vegetables with a moderate amount of carbs, will keep you healthy, young and fit.
- Sleep well. A good night’s sleep is crucial to how you look and feel. A lack of sleep can result in bags under your eyes that make you appear older. Most adults need seven to nine hours every night. Short naps are a good thing if you can sneak one in each day.
- Stop smoking. Smoking creates fine lines and wrinkles around your mouth and eyes. It also stains your teeth, dulls your skin and can cause serious health problems that rapidly age you.Exercise every day. Daily exercise will help you maintain body tone, balance and flexibility – important considerations as you age. Men who are fit look and feel younger than those who are not. Aerobic exercise is good for your heart and also for your brain.
Williamsville men – call to schedule a consultation appointment and let us discuss the many anti-aging treatment options we offer: (716) 633-6100.